15 reasons being a nerd in the 90s was totally amazing10th April 2015
Nerds, geeks and brainboxes are taking over the world. Is this because tech in the 90s was so superior to everything that came before it? Who knows.
All we know is this…
1. Waiting for the IT room to open at lunch was a fair price for an hour of Encarta Mindmaze.
2. You were 100% sure that, one day, your time would come to go on the Crystal Maze.
3. The future was then – and it was on Tomorrow’s World.
4. Computer games were just much cooler back then.
5. Even the consoles were cooler.
6. You knew everything that was worth knowing, thanks to this.
7. You had the whole web development thing down too.
8. Your life was meticulously planned thanks to your Casio diary.
9. Everyone knows Art Attack was the best way to spend a Friday afternoon.
10. As an adult, you can work out percentages without a calculator.
11. And you can use a semi-colon correctly without help from Microsoft Word.
12. And name all of these without googling.
13. Before there was QI, there was How 2.
14. Game Boys came with printers. And they were very useful… for some reason.
15. Ah, simpler times…
Thinking bob: Where clever Londoners come to play
Meet new people, explore the city and use your brain at London’s top social events community!
Coming on your own? Don’t like small talk? No problem!
Our fun, cerebral socials ensure you’ll never be stuck for something to say. There’s always something going on, from treasure hunts and murder mysteries to buzzer quizzes and debates.