9 irreplaceable friendship moments that you can’t get online17th June 2015
Facebook, Twitter and, er, the thinking bob website might be great for making friends, but when it comes to cultivating long-lasting, fulfilling friendships, you can’t beat meeting up and sharing real-life experiences.
Here are 9 offline friendship moments that give you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside…
1. A text is no substitute for a belly laugh between good friends.
2. You can’t catch up in the sunshine on Instagram.
3. Silliness is so much sillier in the flesh.
4. And selfies are so much cuter cheek-to-cheek.
5. There’s no app for a hug…
6. …And definitely not for a group hug.
7. Birthday cookies are way better than birthday Facebook likes.
8. WhatsApp is no replacement for drinks with old friends.
9. And Facebook chats don’t come with a free sunrise.
Want to meet new friends offline?
We know that London can be a lonely place. But we also know that the secret to feeling good in our capital has a lot to do with surrounding yourself with lots of lovely people!
Every month we host 50-60 socials designed to bring a smile to your face. Whether it’s a murder mystery evening, a treasure hunt round London’s fantastic museums, a pub quiz with real buzzers or just a trip to the pub, our members are never short of something to do and friends to meet!
Coming on your own? Hate small talk? No problem! Our events take the awkwardness out of making new friends.